Since my first attempt of baking mooncakes was so successful, I decided to go for another try. I always craving for chocolate stuffs until I make my mind to bake chocolate mooncakes. All the steps are similar to the normal baked mooncakes with only some difference on the ingredient. I used the ready-made chocolate lotus seed paste which I bought it in a pastry shop. This will make the baking more easier as making the paste will be a bit troublesome and time consuming.
Ingredient: (7 mini mooncakes)
100g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
30g peanut oil
65g golden syrup
1/2 tsp alkaline water
1/2 tsp chocolate essence
180g chocolate lotus seed paste
salted egg yolks (optional)
roasted melon seeds (optional)
1 yolk + 1 tsp water lightly beaten and strain
- Mix peanut oil, golden syrup, alkaline water and chocolate essence together in a bowl and put this bowl in another bowl of boiling water. Stir till mixture is well combine.
- Fold in sifted flour with cocoa powder and mix till a dough is formed. Cover the mixing bowl with a wet towel and set aside for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Divide dough and filling into small balls according to the size of your mould. Flatten the dough with sides thinner than the centre.
- Wrap in the filling and mould it into a ball shape. Coat it with flour.
- Dust mooncake mould lightly with flour and put in dough-wrapped filling.
- Dislodge the mooncakes from its mould and place mooncakes on slightly greased trays.
- Spray the mooncakes with some water. Bake at 170C for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, cool the mooncakes for 10 minutes then apply egg glace and bake for another 10minutes or till golden brown. If you are doing standard size mooncakes, the baking time might be longer.
- Store cooled mooncakes in an airtight container and serve only after 3 days to let the baked mooncakes to "return oil" ( 回 油 ) .
For more detail, you can look in the previous post, baked mini mooncake recipe.
Hot from the oven
Double Chocolate Mooncakes..
Mmmmm~ Taste so heavenly... Yummy!!! ♥
Yeah! Another success experiment~
Happy Mooncake Festival
Shared it with Love,
Try it out!!!