Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tim Ho Wan @ Plaza Singapura

Planning to have my peaceful Saturday lunch last weekend @ Tim Ho Wan. Heard that they served authentic Hong Kong Dim Sum & had won the Michelin Award for their famous Dim Sum.
My tiny little innocent brain thought that the queue might not be that long and perhaps I just have to wait for 15 to 20 mins which is still acceptable. But after I reached and saw the crowd queuing, I was like OMG!!! 2 rows of long queue?? You must be kidding me. Considering that the waiting time will take about an hour or more, and my tummy was begging for food, so I have to leave... T.T



There must be a reason why people willing to queue right??
Then I was like very beh syok and die die must try it. So i went there again on Sunday morning and reached at 9.10am. Gotcha!!! I skipped the queue and go in directly like a boss. Muahahaha...
*Tips: Reach early to skip the hell long queue =D*


Here's the menu. Not many selection but all of them was the dim sum that people usually will order.

酥皮焗叉烧包 Baked Bun w/ BBQ Pork ($4.50)
I must declared that this is the most delicious Cha Shao Bao I have ever tasted. Especially on the outer crust, the buttery and crispy pastry is an added point to this masterpiece. Not to forget the Chao Shao filling is also fantastic. Yeepie... I tasted something new today ^^


古法糯米鸡 Glutinous Rice Dumpling ($5.00)

美味焖鲜竹卷 Beancurd Skin Roll w/ Pork & Shrimp ($4.00)
It's juicy and the ingredients is fresh, but again, rather average

晶莹鲜虾饺 Prawn Dumpling ($5.50)
Wrapped with a whole chuck of fresh prawn inside, and it's tasty!

 蜜味叉烧肠 Vermicelli Roll with BBQ Pork ($5.50)
The skin was soft but it's not special. Tasted so-so only, hope they will make some improvement on it.

Overall, it was good but not spectacular. Will go again for its Cha Siu Bao ^^


Tim Ho Wan 
Plaza Singapura level 01-29A
The atrium @ Orchard
68 Orchard Road, Singapore 238839

Opening Hours: 10.00am – 10.00pm (Weekday) / 09.00am – 10.00pm (Weekend and PH)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...